Installing Apache HBase with Kerberos on an existing HDP cluster
You can install Apache HBase with Kerberos enabled on an HDP cluster.
- You must have an operational HDP cluster with Kerberos enabled.
- You must have Kerberos admin access.
Follow these steps to install HBase with Kerberos enabled:
- Log in to Ambari .
- From the Actions menu, click Add Service.
- From the services list, select HBase and click Next.
- Select the location to install HBase Master.
- Select the nodes to install HBase Region Servers.
Review the configuration details and modify it based on your performance tuning
needs and then click Next.
You can customize the services later as well.
- Review the Kerberos Service Principal Name (SPNs) that will be created for HBase deployment and click Next.
Review the configuration details and click Deploy.
If Kerberos admin credentials were not stored while enabling Kerberos on HDFS, Ambari will prompt you for the credentials again.
- Click Save once credentials are entered.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Review any errors encountered during installation and click Next.