Build the data flow
Learn how to create NiFi data flows easily with a number of processors and flow objectives to choose from.
You can use the PublishKafkaRecord_2_0 processor to build your Kafka ingest data flow. Regardless of the type of flow you are building, the basic steps in building your data flow are to open NiFi, add your processors to the canvas, and connect the processors to create the flow.
You will be logged into NiFi automatically with your CDP credentials.
- To access the NiFi service in your Flow Management Data Hub cluster, navigate to .
- Click the tile representing the Flow Management Data Hub cluster you want to work with.
- Click Nifi in the Services
section of the cluster overview page to access the NiFi UI.
- Add the GenerateFlowFile processor for data
input.This processor creates FlowFiles with random data or custom content.
You will configure the GenerateFlowFile processor to define how to create the sample data in Configure the processor for your data source.
- Drag and drop the processor icon into the canvas. This displays a dialog that allows you to choose the processor you want to add.
- Select the GenerateFlowFile processor from the list.
- Click Add or double-click the required processor type to add it to the canvas.
- Add the PublishKafkaRecord_2_0 processor for data output.You will configure the PublishKafkaRecord_2_0 processor in Configure the processor for your data target.
- Connect the two processors to create a flow.
- Drag the connection icon from the first processor, and drop it on the second
processor.A Create Connection dialog appears with two tabs: Details and Settings.
- Configure the connection.You can add the connection's name, flowfile expiration time period, thresholds for back pressure, load balance strategy, and prioritization.
- Click Add to close the dialog box and add the connection to your data flow.
- Drag the connection icon from the first processor, and drop it on the second processor.
- Optionally, you can add success and failure funnels to your data flow, which help
you see where flow files are being routed when your flow is running. Connect the
PublishKafkaRecord_2_0 to these funnels with success and
failure connections.If you want to know more about working with funnels, see Adding Components to the Canvas in Building an Apache NiFi DataFlow.