Authorizing Access to Flow Management Clusters in CDP Public Cloud
Flow management users are authenticated automatically when they log into CDP. To access Apache NiFi and Apache NiFi Registry, a CDP administrator must assign the appropriate role and access policies to a new user.
CDP provides the following default security features for flow management users and clusters:
- Single-sign on (SSO) authorization with Apache Knox.
- Metadata management and governance capabilities with Apache Atlas.
- Flow versioning and management with Apache NiFi Registry.
- TLS encryption to secure communications over the network.
- Fine-grained authorization to do a specific action and/or operation with Apache Ranger.
For more information, see CDP Security Overview.
This document explains how to authorize a new user to access and manage NiFi and NiFi Registry.