Create your cluster
When creating your Streaming Analytics cluster, you must choose from the Light and Heavy duty options, and further select the cluster definition that matches your cloud provider for the environment. You also need to pay attention to the cloud storage settings where Flink saves the checkpoints and savepoints.
After you have met the prerequisites, you are ready to create your Streaming Analytics cluster using a default cluster definition.
- Log into the CDP web interface.
- Navigate to , and select the environment where you want to create a cluster.
Click Create Data Hub.
The following page is displayed:
- Select Cluster Definition.
Select the Streaming Analytics cluster definition from the Cluster
Definition drop-down list depending on your operational
There are four template options available:
- 7.2.10 - Streaming Analytics Light Duty for AWS
- 7.2.10 - Streaming Analytics Light Duty for Azure
- 7.2.10 - Streaming Analytics Heavy Duty for AWS
- 7.2.10 - Streaming Analytics Heavy Duty for Azure
For more information on templates, see Streaming Analytics deployment scenarios.
The list of services is automatically shown below the selected cluster definition name.
Provide a cluster name and add tags you might need.
You can define tags that will be applied to your cluster- related resources on your cloud provider account. For more information about tags, see Tags.
Optionally, use the Configure Advanced Options section
to customize the infrastructure settings.
- Click Provision Cluster.
You are redirected to the Data Hub cluster dashboard, and a new tile representing your cluster appears at the top of the page.