Adding Schema Registry as Catalog
You need to add Schema Registry as a Catalog using the Streaming SQL Console in SQL Stream Builder (SSB) to use Schema Registry with Flink DDL.
- Make sure that you have Schema Registry service on your cluster.
- Make sure that you have the right permissions set in Ranger.
Navigate to the Streaming SQL Console.
The Streaming SQL Console opens in a new window.
- Navigate to , and select the environment where you have created your cluster.
- Select the Streaming Analytics cluster from the list of Data Hub clusters.
- Select Streaming SQL Console from the list of services.
- Click Data Providers from the main menu.
Click Register Catalog.
The Add Catalog window appears.
- Add a Name to your catalog.
- Select Schema Registry from the Catalog Type drop-down.
- Select the Kafka cluster you registered as Data Provider.
Add the Schema Registry URL.
- Go to your cluster in Cloudera Manager.
- Select Schema Registry from the list of services.
- Click on Instances.
- Copy the Hostname of Schema Registry.
Add the default port of Schema Registry after the hostname.
Select if you wan to enable TLS for Schema Registry.
- If yes, provide the Schema Registry Truststore location and password.
Click on Add Filter.
- Provide a Database and Table filter if you want to select specific tables to use from the catalog.
- Click on Validate.
- If the validation is successful, click Add Tables.