Creating and naming SQL jobs
You need to create or select an already existing SQL job on the Streaming SQL Console to be able to submit SQL queries.
You can manage your SQL jobs and resources using the Explorer view or the Home tab of your project. Every job and resource related action is the same for both views of Streaming SQL Console.
Navigate to the Streaming SQL Console.
- Navigate to , and select the environment where you have created your cluster.
- Select the Streaming Analytics cluster from the list of Data Hub clusters.
Select Streaming SQL Console from the list of
The Streaming SQL Console opens in a new window.
Open a project from the Projects page of Streaming SQL
You are redirected to the Explorer view of the project.
- Select an already existing project from the list by clicking the Open button or Switch button.
- Create a new project by clicking the New Project button.
- Import a project by clicking the Import button.
- Click Explorer view. on the
Provide a Name to your SQL job.
You have the following options to name your SQL job:
- Use the predefined name in the Job Name field when opening the Streaming SQL Console
- Use the Generate Job Name button to generate a new random name for your job
- Manually provide the name of the job to the Job Name field
You are redirected to the SQL Editor where you can submit your SQL queries, create and manage Materialized Views and configure your SQL jobs.
After a new job is created, you can save the job and its settings using the Revert Changes button. You can also delete the job from the SQL Editor using the Delete button.button. When you make a change to the SQL query, job settings or create a Materialized View, you have the option to save the changes with the job. You can also revert your changes to the latest saved version of the job using the