Flow Management security overview
Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) is a secure and governed hybrid data platform that offers a broad set of enterprise data services with the key data analytics and artificial intelligence functionality that enterprises require for any cloud, any analytics, any data. CDP Public Cloud is the cloud form factor of CDP. With the Cloudera Shared Data Experience (Cloudera SDX), CDP offers enterprise-grade security and governance. SDX combines enterprise-grade centralized security, governance, and management capabilities with shared metadata and a data catalog.
CDP provides the following default security features for flow management users and clusters:
- Single-sign on (SSO) authentication with Apache Knox
- Metadata management and governance capabilities with Apache Atlas
- Flow versioning and management with Apache NiFi Registry
- TLS encryption to secure communications over the network
- Fine-grained authorization to do a specific action and/or operation with Apache Ranger
For more information, see the CDP Public Cloud Security Overview.