The downscale operation fails with decommission failed
The downscale operation fails with the
Decommission failed error.
This issue can be caused by either of the following:
- The broker is not available.
- Cruise Control is reporting unhealthy partitions
- A manually initiated rebalance is running.
- An insufficient amount of brokers would remain after the downscale operation to host
This only affects deployments where there is a topic with at least four-way replication set up.
Back up the data disks of the failed node.This can be done by creating a backup of
/hadoopfs/fs[***DATA VOL NUMBER***]/kafka.
- Access the Cloudera Manager instance managing the nodes that you want to decommission.
- Select the Kafka service and go to Instances.
- Select the Kafka broker you want to decommission.
- Click .
- Wait until the process is finished and the cluster is in a healthy (green) state.
- In Management Console, navigate to the Data Hub cluster containing the node.
- Go to Hardware.
- Select the node and click the Repair (wrench) icon next
to the host group.