Changing the Java version of Flow Management Data Hub clusters
Java 8 and 11 are installed on CDP Public Cloud Data Hub nodes by default. When you create a new cluster, Java 8 is used as the default JDK. However, it is possible to switch to Java 11 after provisioning a new cluster or after upgrading your cluster to version 7.2.17.
- Open the Cloudera Manager UI and click the Clusters tab in the left-hand navigation.
- Click NiFi in the list of services to display the NiFi service page.
Click Configuration and update the nifi.jdk.home property.
- Java 8: /usr/lib/jvm/java
- Java 11: /usr/lib/jvm/java-11
Repeat the same steps for the NiFi Registry service as well.
- Restart NiFi and NiFi Registry.
When the services are restarted, you can confirm the Java version used by NiFi.
- Open the NiFi UI and click the Global menu in the top right corner.