Fixed issues represent selected issues that were previously logged through Cloudera Support, but are addressed in the current release. These issues may have been reported in previous versions within the Known Issues section; meaning they were reported by customers or identified by Cloudera Quality Engineering team.
Review the list of issues that are resolved in this release:
- OPSAPS-58007: Manually copy database driver libraries.
- Users need to manually copy database driver libraries to the lib folders of SMM.
- Now, SMM can use the database driver jars that are normally deployed to a shared location (typically: /usr/share/java).
- OPSAPS-57745: CM displays incorrect role.
- Cloudera Manager displays incorrect role status when the SMM UI process fails or stops.
- OPSAPS-57539: SMM not usable after upgrade.
- When upgrading the Cloudera Runtime, the previous Runtime's SMM UI process was not being killed and making SMM unusable.
- Now, the SMM UI stop script has been improved, so that it will kill the child processes to prevent the SMM UI process from being stuck.
- OPSAPS-57468: Hardcoded parcel directory causes failure.
- The parcel directory path was hard-coded in the SMM scripts and caused failures when a non-standard path was used and TLS was enabled.
- The parcel directory path is no longer hard-coded.
- OPSAPS-57467: Hard-coded parcel directory causes failure when non-standard path is used and TLS is enabled.
- The parcel directory path was hard-coded in the Schema Registry
scripts and caused failures when a non-standard path was used and TLS was enabled.
The parcel directory path is no longer hard-coded in the Schema Registry CSD.
- OPSAPS-57294: Schema Registry first run fails when multiple Ranger Admin services are configured.
- The first run of Schema Registry failed when more than one Ranger Administrator services were configured. The Schema Registry start-up script can now handle multiple Ranger Administrator services.
- OPSAPS-55940: Connector jar location for SMM changed.
- SMM used to come pre-packaged with the mysql jar file. This file
needed to be located under the
./libsdirectories in order for the startup script to find them.
- But the mysql connector JARs are not found in the libs folders anymore and you need to download the JARs and place them in the correct location manually.
- Now, the fix adds configuration to use connector jars provided in default path according to the configured DB type.
- CDPD-16192: Kafka api-util-1.0.0-M20.jar should be updated due to CVE-2018-1337.
- Schema Registry is no longer affected by CVE-2018-1337 as the api-util package is upgraded to 1.0.2.
- CDPD-15552: SMM throws ConsumerGroups exception.
- SMM tries to parse Kafka connectors as ConsumerGroups and throws the
Error reading field 'X': Error reading string of length....
- CDPD-15097: Schemas with null description do not show up in the UI.
- Schemas with a null description are now listed correctly.
When you use the search field on the UI, the list shows the correct search results.
- CDPD-15066: Implement schema version selection in Ranger.
- Users will now be able to create Ranger rules for specific schema versions. Previously, they could only use the asterisk that applied the rule to everything.
- CDPD-14930: SMM displays incorrect values of metrics.
- For certain time periods, metrics such as Bytes In, Bytes out, Messages In are displaying incorrect value. This is due to CM metrics rollup where granularity of more than 1 min causes metrics to lose metric information resulting in incorrect calculation.
- CDPD-14544: SMM displays smaller topic metric values for larger time.
- On the overview page, smaller topic metric values were displayed for larger time periods in comparison to the smaller time periods due to larger rollup intervals.
- CDPD-14341: Visibility of metrics fetching failure needs improvement.
- When SMM fails to fetch metrics from CM, the failure is not visible on the UI and it is difficult to determine if there are any fetching errors in the logs.
- Now, if SMM fails to fetch metrics from CM, this failure will be saved and displayed when the user accesses the SMM UI.
- CDPD-10771: CPU usage charts showing incorrect values.
- The CPU Usage charts for brokers on SMM UI is showing incorrect values in CM.