Assign the EnvironmentUser role
For flow management users who do not need administrator privileges, you must assign the EnvironmentUser role. This role enables users to set their password and access the environment.
Ensure that you meet the following prerequisites:
- You created a Flow Management cluster.
- You determined the permission level for each user.
- From the Cloudera Management console, go to the Environments tab.
- Use the Search bar to find the environment.
- Click the environment name.
Click Actions > Manage Access.
The Access page appears.
Locate the user and click Update Roles.
The Update Resource Role page for the user appears.
- Check the EnvironmentUser option.
- Click Update Roles.
- Go back to the Environments tab and locate the environment.
Click Actions > Synchronize Users to FreeIPA.
The Sync Users window appears.
Click Sync Users.
This synchronizes the user to the FreeIPA identity management system to enable SSO.