Security for Flow Management Clusters and Users in CDP Public Cloud
Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) is a secure and governed cloud service platform that offers a broad set of enterprise data cloud services with the key data analytics and artificial intelligence functionality that enterprises require. CDP Public Cloud is a cloud form factor of CDP.
CDP provides the following default security features for flow management users and clusters:
- Single-sign on (SSO) authentication with Apache Knox.
- Metadata management and governance capabilities with Apache Atlas.
- Flow versioning and management with Apache NiFi Registry.
- TLS encryption to secure communications over the network.
- Fine-grained authorization to do a specific action and/or operation with Apache Ranger.
For more information, see CDP Security Overview.
This document explains how to authorize a new user to access and manage NiFi and NiFi Registry.