Build the data flow
Learn how you can create an ingest data flow to move data from Apache Kafka to Apache Solr. You can set up the elements of the data flow on the NiFi canvas. This involves opening NiFi in your CDP Flow Management cluster, adding processors and other data flow elements to the canvas, configuring, and connecting these data flow elements.
Use the PutSolrRecord processor to build your Solr ingest data flow.
CDP Public Cloud.
You will be logged into NiFi automatically with your CDP credentials.
- To access the NiFi service in your Flow Management cluster, navigate to .
- Click the tile representing the Flow Management cluster you want to work with.
- Click NiFi in the Services
section of the cluster overview page to access the NiFi UI.
- Add the NiFi processors to your canvas.
- Select the processor icon from the Cloudera Flow Management actions pane, and drag it to the canvas.
- Use the Add Processor filter box to search for the processors you want to add.
- Select the processor and click Add.
- Connect the two processors to create the data flow.
- Click the connection icon in the first processor, and drag it to the second
A Create Connection dialog appears with two tabs: Details and Settings. You can configure the connection's name, flowfile expiration time period, thresholds for back pressure, load balance strategy, and prioritization.
- Click Add to close the dialog box and add the connection to your flow.
- Optional: You can add success and failure funnels to your data
flow, which helps you to see where flow files are routed when your data flow is
running.For more information about working with funnels, see the Apache NiFi User Guide.
- Click the connection icon in the first processor, and drag it to the second processor.