Creating a Data Visualization dashboard by importing visual artifacts
To visualize the correlation and share the insights with your stakeholders, you can manually create a dashboard in Cloudera Data Visualization (CDV) or use a visual artifact in the form of a JSON file and import it in CDV.
- Log in to the CDP web interface.
- Go to Data Warehouse.
- Locate your Impala Virtual Warehouse and click on Data VIZ.
Click DATA on the main navigation bar.
All Connections and the available Datasets are displayed.
- Click on Default Impala VW from the left navigation pane.
- Click at the top of the page and click Import Visual Artifacts.
- On the Import Visual Artifacts pop-up, click Choose File and select the file you want to import.
Specify the destination workspace in the Import to
Workspace drop-down menu.
By default, Data Visualization imports the visual artifacts into your
Privateworkspace. However, you can choose the
Publicworkspace, or another workspace.
- Select Import from the file from the Thumbnail Action drop-down menu.
- Click IMPORT and confirm by clicking ACCEPT AND IMPORT.
- Open your dashboard from the VISUAL interface.
- Click the more option and select Get URL.
- Copy the URL by right-clicking it and share it with your stakeholders.