Creating a Streams Messaging cluster
Learn how to create a Streams Messaging cluster for the Business Intelligence at Scale pattern. A Data Hub cluster with the Streams Messaging cluster definition hosts the Kafka topics into which you capture real-time streaming data. For this example, you are importing the weather data.
- Log into the CDP web interface.
- Navigate to , and select the environment where you would like to create a cluster.
Click Create Data Hub.
The following page is displayed:
- Select the Cluster Definition option.
Select the appropriate Streams Messaging cluster definition from the
Cluster Definition drop-down menu under the
Services section depending on your operational
There are two definition options available for each cloud provider:
The list of services is automatically shown below the selected cluster definition name as shown in the following image:
- Streams Messaging Heavy Duty for AWS
- Streams Messaging Light Duty for AWS
- Specify a name for your cluster and add any tags you might need.
- Click Provision Cluster.