Fixed Issues in HDFS
This section lists the issues that have been fixed since the previous version.
- CDPD-12296: If any Inodes are referenced in the active file system tree, the Inodes are deleted when a snapshot is deleted.
- This issue is now resolved. Now, Inodes are not deleted when a snapshot is deleted.
- : This improvement makes HDFS NameNode leave safemode immediately if all blocks have reported in, reducing the cluster startup time.
- CDPD-2946: Slow reading and writing of erasure-coded files
- The ISA-L library is not packaged with HDFS as a result of which HDFS erasure coding falls back to the Java implementation which is much slower than the native Hadoop implementation. This slows down the reading and writing of erasure-coded files.