Installing the Kafka Connect Role
Learn how to install the Kafka Connect role.
- Select the Kafka service.
- Go to Instances.
- Click Add Role Instances.
- Select hosts for the Kafka Connect role by clicking the Select Hosts box under Kafka Connect.
- Select one or more host and click Ok.
- Click Continue.
On the Review Changes page configure the
Broker List for Kafka Connect property.
Enter a comma-separated list of
hostname:portpairs of the brokers that Kafka Connect should connect to. These should be the brokers that are running in the same cluster that Kafka Connect is being deployed on. While you can specify a single broker, Cloudera recommends that you specify multiple for high availability.
- Review and modify other configuration properties available on this page, and click Continue.
Start the Kafka Connect role.
By default Kafka Connect roles will not start when first added.
- Select Kafka Connect roles by checking the checkbox next to each role.
- Click .
- Click Start when prompted.
One or more Kafka Connect roles are deployed and running on your cluster.