How Ozone manages write operations
The client requests a block from the Ozone Manager (OM) to write a key. OM returns the Block ID and the corresponding DataNodes for the client to write data.
- The client requests a block from OM to write a key. The request includes the key, the data to write, the pipeline type, and the replication count.
- OM finds the blocks that match the request and returns them to the client.
- The client connects to the DataNodes associated with the returned Block ID and writes chunks of data.
- After writing the chunks of data, the client informs OM to finalize the key.
- OM records the associated key information.