Product Compatibility Matrix for Replication Manager
This matrix contains compatibility information across features of Replication Manager. The supported versions for CDH and Cloudera Manager versions are detailed in the table.
|Feature||Lowest supported Cloudera Manager Version||Lowest supported CDH Version||Supported Services|
|Replication||Cloudera Manager 5.14+||CDH 5.13+||HDFS, Hive, Impala|
|Replication to and from Amazon S3*||Cloudera Manager 5.14+||CDH 5.13+||HDFS, Hive, Impala|
|Snapshots||Cloudera Manager 5.15+||CDH 5.15+||HDFS, Hive, Impala|
|Replication to and from Microsoft ADLS Gen1||Cloudera Manager 5.15, 5.16, 6.1+||CDH 5.13+||HDFS, Hive, Impala|
|Replication to Microsoft ADLS Gen2 (ABFS)||Cloudera Manager 6.1+||CDH 5.13+||HDFS, Hive, Impala|
Replication Manager does not support S3 as a source or destination when S3 is configured to use SSE-KMS.
Starting in Cloudera Manager 6.1.0, Replication Manager ignores Hive tables backed by Kudu during replication. The change does not affect functionality since Replication Manager does not support tables backed by Kudu. This change was made to guard against data loss due to how the Hive Mestastore, Impala, and Kudu interact.
Supported Replication Scenarios
- To replicate data to or from clusters managed by Cloudera Manager 7.x, the source or destination cluster must be managed by Cloudera Manager 5.14+ or higher. Note that some functionality may not be available in Cloudera Manager 5.14.0 and higher or 6.0.0 and higher.
Replication Manager supports the following replication scenarios when Kerberos authentication is used on a cluster:
- Secure source to a secure destination.
- Insecure source to an insecure destination.
- Insecure source to a secure destination. Keep the following requirements in
- In replication scenarios where a destination cluster has multiple source clusters, all the source clusters must either be secure or insecure. Replication Manager does not support replication from a mixture of secure and insecure source clusters.
- The destination cluster must run Cloudera Manager 7.x or higher.
- The source cluster must run a compatible Cloudera Manager version.
- This replication scenario requires additional configuration. For more information, see Replicating from Unsecure to Secure Clusters.
- Cloud Storage
- Replication Manager supports replicating to or from Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure ADLS Gen1, and Microsoft Azure ADLS Gen2 (ABFS).
You can use TLS with Replication Manager. Additionally, Replication Manager supports replication scenarios where TLS is enabled for non-Hadoop services (Hive/Impala) and TLS is disabled Hadoop services (such as HDFS,YARN, and MapReduce).
Unsupported Replication Scenarios
- Replication Manager does not support the following replication scenarios when
Kerberos authentication is used on a cluster:
- Secure source to an unsecure destination is not supported.
- Hive Replication
- While using Hive replication, Managed tables are not supported. Replication Manager does not support migration using Managed tables on source and destination clusters. Replication Manager stores the replicated table as an External table.