Known Issues in Hue
Learn about the known issues in Hue, the impact or changes to the functionality, and the workaround.
- Impala editor fails silently after SAML SSO session times out
When you run a query from an Impala editor in Hue, the Impala editor may silently fail without displaying an error message. As a result, you may not see any action on the screen after submitting your query. This happens if Hue is configured with SAML authentication and you run a query from a browser session that has remained open for a period longer than the SSO maximum session time set by the SAML Identity Provider.
Workaround: If you do not see any action on the Impala editor after submitting the query, refresh the page on your browser.
- Python-psycopg2 package version 2.8.4 not compatible with Hue
Ubuntu 18.04 provides python-psycopg2 package version 2.8.4 but it is not compatible with Hue because of a bug in the Django framework.Workaround: Downgrade the package at the OS level by running the following command:
or install python-psycopg2 package using pip by running the following command:
sudo apt install python-psycopg2==2.7.5
sudo pip install psycopg2==2.7.5
- Hue Importer is not supported in the Data Engineering template
- When you create a Data Hub cluster using the Data Engineering template, the Importer application is not supported in Hue:
- Hue limitation after upgrading from CDH to CDP Private Cloud Base
hive.server2.parallel.ops.in.sessionconfiguration property changes from
FALSEafter upgrading from CDH to CDP Private Cloud Base. Current versions of Hue are compatible with this property change; however, if you still would like to use an earlier version of Hue that was not compatible with this property being
FALSEand shared a single JDBC connection to issue queries concurrently, the connection will no longer work after upgrading.