Known Issues in Ozone
Learn about the known issues in Ozone, the impact or changes to the functionality, and the workaround.
- CDPD-15268:Uploading a key using the S3 Multi-part upload API into an Ozone encryption zone (TDE-enabled bucket) is not currently supported. The key upload will fail with an exception.
- CDPD-15362:When files and directories stored in Ozone are deleted via Hadoop filesystem shell -rm command using o3fs or ofs scheme, they will not be moved to trash even if fs.trash.interval is set to >0 on the client. Instead, they are deleted immediately.
- A network partitioned Ozone Manager (OM) in an OM HA cluster, if in a leader state before partition and does not step down as leader, can serve stale reads.
- No workaround is available. If network partition is detected and the Ozone Manager node is restarted, then this issue can be resolved (even if network partition exists after restart).
- CDPD-15266:When Ozone Manager (OM) HA is enabled, not all older OM Ratis logs are purged. Similarly, for DataNode, old Ratis logs may not be purged. This can lead to older logs consuming the disk space.
- For OM, you must manually delete the OM Ratis logs from the Ratis storage directory location defined by the ozone.om.ratis.storage.dir property. You must only delete the logs older than the already purged logs.
- For example, if the OM Ratis log directory contains the logs log_0_100, log_101_200, and log_301_400, then you can delete log_0_100 and log_101_200 as log_201_300 is already purged.
- For DataNode, you must manually delete datanodeRatis logs from the Ratis storage directory location defined by the dfs.container.ratis.datanode.storage.dir property. You must delete only the logs older than already purged logs.
- For example, if the DataNode Ratis log directory contains the logs log_0_100, log_101_200, and log_301_400, then you can delete log_0_100 and log_101_200 as log_201_300 is already purged.
- Cloudera advises you to backup the ratis logs. Ensure that DataNode and OM come as back up again and the pipelines they are connected to must be healthy. In case there are any exceptions, the Ratis logs must be restored from the backup.
- CDPD-15602: Creating or deleting keys with a trailing forward slash (/) in the name is not supported via the Ozone shell or the S3 REST API. Such keys are internally treated as directories by the Ozone service for compatibility with the Hadoop filesystem interface. This will be supported in a later release of CDP.
- You can create or delete keys via the Hadoop Filesystem interface, either programmatically or via the filesystem Hadoop shell. For example, `ozone fs -rmdir <dir>`.