Creating a Runtime Cluster Using a Cloudera Manager Template
You can create a new cluster by exporting a cluster template from an existing cluster managed by Cloudera Manager. You can then modify the template and use it to create new clusters with the same configuration on a new set of hosts.
Use cluster templates to:
- Duplicate clusters for use in developer, test, and production environments.
- Quickly create a cluster for a specific workload.
- Reproduce a production cluster for testing and debugging.
Export the cluster configuration from the source cluster. The exported configuration is
a JSON file that details all of the configurations of the cluster. The JSON file includes
instantiatorsection that contains some values you must provide before creating the new cluster.
- Set up the hosts for the new cluster by installing Cloudera Manager agents and the JDK on all hosts. For secure clusters, also configure a Kerberos key distribution center (KDC) in Cloudera Manager.
- Create any local repositories required for the cluster.See Step 1: Configure a Repository for Cloudera Manager.
- Complete the
instantiatorsection of the cluster configuration JSON document to create a template.
- Import the cluster template to the new cluster.