Enable Ranger authorization in Solr
Add a Ranger service to enable access control in Solr.
- Ranger authorization requires that Kerberos authentication is enabled in Solr.
Ranger restrictions are consistently applied regardless of the way users attempt to complete actions. For example, restricting access to data in a collection consistently restricts that access, whether queries come from the command line, from a browser, or through the admin console.
- In Cloudera Manager select the Solr service.
- Select Configuration and find the RANGER Service property.
- Check the checkbox next to the name of the Ranger service that you want this Solr service to depend on.
- Click Save Changes.
- Restart the Solr service.
Ranger authorization for Solr is enabled. The Solr service depends on the selected Ranger service for authorization.