Cannot alter compressed tables in Hue
Due to a known bug in the Oracle database (12c and higher), you cannot alter a table if it is compressed. If you have compressed tables in the Hue schema, then you may see the “ORA-39726: unsupported add/drop column operation on compressed tables” error.
- SSH into the host on which you have installed the Oracle database.
- Create a new uncompressed table with the same structure as the compressed table.
- Copy the data from the compressed table to the new uncompressed table.
- Rename or delete the compressed table.
- Rename the uncompressed table with the name of the original compressed table.