Configure queue mapping to use the user name from the application tag using Cloudera Manager
You can configure queue mapping to use the user name from the application tag instead of the proxy user who submitted the job. For example, when a user runs Hive queries, HiveServer2 submits the query in the queue mapped from an end user instead of a hive user.
- In Cloudera Manager, select the YARN service.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Search for ResourceManager. In the Filters pane, under Scope, select ResourceManager.
- In ResourceManager Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for
yarn-site.xml add the following:
- Enable the
application-tag-based-placementproperty to enable application placement based on the user ID passed using the application tags.
Name: yarn.resourcemanager.application-tag-based-placement.enable Value: true Description: Set to "true" to enable application placement based on the user ID passed using the application tags. When it is enabled, it checks for the userid=<userId> pattern and if found, the application will be placed onto the found user's queue, if the original user has the required rights on the passed user's queue.
- Add the list of whitelist users who can use application tag based placement. The
applications when the submitting user is whitelisted, will be placed onto the queue
defined in the
yarn.scheduler.capacity.queue-mappingsproperty defined for the user from the application tag. If there is no user defined, the submitting user will be used.
Name: yarn.resourcemanager.application-tag-based-placement.username.whitelist Value: Description: Comma separated list of users who can use the application tag based placement, if "yarn.resourcemanager.application-tag-based-placement.enable" is enabled.
- Enable the
- Restart the ResourceManager service for the changes to apply.