Hive unsupported interfaces and features
You need to know the interfaces available in HDP or CDH platforms that are not supported.
The following interfaces are not supported in CDP Private Cloud Base:
- Hcat CLI (however HCatalog is supported)
- Hive CLI (replaced by Beeline)
- Hive View
- MapReduce execution engine (replaced by Tez)
- S3 for storing tables
- Spark execution engine (replaced by Tez)
- Spark thrift server
Spark and Hive tables interoperate using the Hive Warehouse Connector.
- SQL Standard Authorization
- Tez View
You can use Hue in lieu of Hive View.
Partially unsupported interfaces
Apache Hadoop Distributed Copy (DistCP) is not supported for copying Hive ACID tables. See link below.