Configuring a Custom Java Home Location
Although not recommended, the Java Development Kit (JDK), which Cloudera services require, may be installed at a custom location if necessary. These steps assume you have already installed the JDK during product installation or as part of an upgrade.
- Log into the Cloudera Manager server host.
- Open the following file in a text editor:
- Add the following line:
export JAVA_HOME=path to the Java installation directory
- Save the file.
- Restart the Cloudera Manager
sudo systemctl restart cloudera-scm-server
- Open the Cloudera Manager Admin Console.
- In the main navigation bar, click the Hosts tab. If you are configuring the JDK location on a specific host only, click the link for that host.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Select .
- Set the Java Home Directory property to the custom location.
- Click Save Changes.
- Restart all services.