Enabling and disabling HDFS snapshots
For snapshots to be created, HDFS directories must be enabled for snapshots. You cannot specify a directory as part of a snapshot policy unless it has been enabled for snapshots.
Minimum Required Role: Cluster Administrator (also provided by Full Administrator).
- To enable an HDFS directory for snapshots, select your cluster HDFS service on the Clusters tab.
- Go to the File Browser tab.
- Go to the directory you want to enable for snapshots.
- In the File Browser, click the drop-down menu next to the full file path and select Enable Snapshots.
- To disable snapshots for a directory that has snapshots enabled, click Disable
Snapshots from the drop-down menu button at the upper right. If snapshots of
the directory exist, they must be deleted before snapshots can be disabled.