Support matrix for Replication Manager on CDP Private Cloud Base
The support matrix contains compatibility information across features in Replication Manager. Replication Manager supports HDFS and Hive data replication. The matrix also lists the supported versions for CDH, CDP Private Cloud Base, and Cloudera Manager versions.
|Feature||Lowest supported Cloudera Manager Version||Lowest supported CDH Version||Supported Services|
|Replication||Cloudera Manager 5.14+||CDH 5.13+||HDFS, Hive, Impala|
|Replication to and from Amazon S3*||Cloudera Manager 5.14+||CDH 5.13+||HDFS, Hive, Impala|
|Snapshots||Cloudera Manager 5.15+||CDH 5.15+||HDFS, Hive, Impala|
|Replication to and from Microsoft ADLS Gen1||Cloudera Manager 5.15, 5.16, 6.1+||CDH 5.13+||HDFS, Hive, Impala|
|Replication to Microsoft ADLS Gen2 (ABFS)||Cloudera Manager 6.1+||CDH 5.13+||HDFS, Hive, Impala|
*Replication Manager does not support S3 as a source or destination when S3 is configured to use SSE-KMS.
Starting in Cloudera Manager 6.1.0, Replication Manager ignores Hive tables backed by Kudu during replication. The change does not affect functionality since Replication Manager does not support tables backed by Kudu. This change was made to guard against data loss due to how the Hive Mestastore, Impala, and Kudu interact.
Supported replication scenarios
- To replicate data to or from clusters managed by Cloudera Manager 7.x, the source or destination cluster must be managed by Cloudera Manager 5.14+ or higher. Note that some functionality may not be available in Cloudera Manager 5.14.0 and higher or 6.0.0 and higher.
- Replication Manager supports the following replication scenarios when
Kerberos authentication is used on a cluster:
- Secure source to a secure destination.
- Insecure source to an insecure destination.
- Insecure source to a secure destination. The following requirements
must be met for this scenario:
- When a destination cluster has multiple source clusters, all the source clusters must either be secure or insecure. Replication Manager does not support a mix of secure and insecure source clusters.
- The destination cluster must run Cloudera Manager 7.x or higher.
- The source cluster must run a compatible Cloudera Manager version.
- This replication scenario requires additional configuration. For more information, see Replicating from unsecure to secure clusters.
- Cloud Storage
- Replication Manager supports replicating to or from Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure ADLS Gen1, and Microsoft Azure ADLS Gen2 (ABFS).
- Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- You can use TLS with Replication Manager. Additionally, Replication Manager supports replication scenarios where TLS is enabled for non-Hadoop services (Hive/Impala) and TLS is disabled Hadoop services (such as HDFS,YARN, and MapReduce).
- Sentry-related replication
- To perform Sentry to Ranger replication using HDFS and Hive replication policies, you must have installed Cloudera Manager version 6.3.1 and higher on the source cluster and Cloudera Manager version 7.1.1 and higher on the target cluster.
- When the source cluster is Sentry-enabled and you want to run HDFS replication policies, use the hdfs user to run the replication policy. The replication policy copies the permissions of replicated files and tables to the target cluster. To use any other user account, make sure that you configure the user account to bypass Sentry ACLs during replication.
- When you create a Hive replication policy, choose the appropriate options to ensure that the Sentry permissions are migrated to Ranger permissions. The Replication Manager uses the authzmigrator tool to move data from Sentry to Ranger during Hive replication.
Unsupported Replication Scenarios
- Replicating to or from Cloudera Manager 6 managed clusters with Cloudera Manager versions earlier than 5.14.0 are not supported.
- When Kerberos authentication is used on a cluster, replication from a secure source to an insecure destination is not supported.
- Hive Replication
- Replication Manager does not support managed to managed table replication. It translates the managed table from the source clusters to the CDP Private Cloud Base cluster as an external table. Replication Manager stores the replicated table as an external table.
- Ranger to Ranger replication is not supported.
- Apache Knox
- If Cloudera Manager is configured with Knox, Replication Manager does not work.