Fixed Issues in Apache Kudu
Review the list of Kudu issues that are resolved in Cloudera Runtime 7.1.6.
- KUDU-1954: Improve maintenance manager behavior in heavy write workload
- Fixed lock contention between MaintenanceManager’s threads performing already scheduled operations and the scheduler thread itself. This benefits clusters with heavy ingest/update workloads that have many replicas per tablet server.
- KUDU-3108: Tablet server crashes when handle diffscan request
- Fixed a bug in the merge iterator that could result in a crash. This could surface as a crash when performing ordered or differential scans, particularly when the underlying data contained deletes and reinserts.
- KUDU-3149: Lock contention between registering ops and computing maintenance op stats
- Fixed lock contention between MaintenanceManager op registration and the scheduling of new maintenance ops. On particularly dense tablet servers, this contention was previously shown to significantly slow down startup times.
- KUDU-3205: NPE in KuduScanTokenBuilder#build after a tablet server goes down
- Fixed a bug where building scan tokens would result in a NullPointerException if a tablet not found error occurred before generating the token.
- KUDU-3238: Use-after-free condition in Kudu C++ client upon modifying a table's partitioning
- Fixed a heap-use-after-free bug in Kudu C++ client that might manifest itself when altering a table to update the partitioning schema.