Fixed Issues in Schema Registry
Review the list of Schema Registry issues that are resolved in Cloudera Runtime 7.1.6.
- CDPD-11076: Schema Registry API swagger doc is incorrect/not up to date
- Schema Registry API swagger documentation has been updated, descriptions completed to have better understanding about endpoints, and parameters completed. This allows for more accurate searches to be implemented.
- CDPD-12045: Schema Registry error real cause hidden in the log (was: Exception during jar file upload: no message writer for text/plain)
- Added new logging to improve the supportability of the product.
- CDPD-12150: Uploading jar files does not work with Firefox and IE
- Uploading a JAR file through the Schema Registry UI only
works with the Chrome browser. Firefox and Internet Explorer print out an error
Use Chrome browser. The REST API can also be used to upload the JAR file.
- CDPD-12264: Upgrade kafka_2.11 artifact to kafka_2.12 in Schema Registry
- Upgraded the Kafka version to use the Scala 2.12 release.
- CDPD-12509: Schema Registry - Confluent media type
- Added support for media type
application/vnd.schemaregistry.v1+json. This enables the use of the C library libserdes together with Schema Registry.
- CDPD-12840: Relocate Jersey packages to avoid conflict with Hadoop
- Jersey packages have been relocated to a different package. When using Schema Registry Client, the Jersey packages will not cause classpath issues anymore. This is mostly relevant for Flink and Spark, which use Schema Registry as a client library.
- CDPD-13048: Cannot select version number when creating a Ranger policy for a schema
- Ranger Admin was using Schema Registry version 0.8.1 which had classpath issues related to Jersey. Due to this, Ranger was unable to send any requests to Schema Registry and it failed silently in the background. This issue has been fixed and Ranger Admin is able to communicate with Schema Registry and query schemas, schema groups, branches, etc.
- CDPD-15066: Implement schema version selection in Ranger
- Users will now be able to create Ranger rules for specific schema versions. Previously, users could only use the asterisk (apply rule to everything).
- CDPD-16219: Complete and update Swagger of Schemas
- Previously, in the Schema Registry Swagger page first
Schemas, information about endpoints was outdated and not completed.
Schemasfolder is updated and completed with the parameters necessary for endpoints to work as expected.
- CDPD-16220: Complete and update Swagger of Serializer/Deserializer
- Previously, in the Schema Registry Swagger page second
Serializer/Deserializer, information about endpoints was outdated and not completed.
Serializer/Deserializerfolder is updated and completed with the parameters necessary for endpoints to work as expected.
- CDPD-16221: Complete and update Swagger of Other, Confluent Schema Registry compatible API, apiv1schemaregistry
- Previously, in the Schema Registry Swagger page third,
fourth, and fifth folders named
Confluent Schema Registry compatible API, and
apiv1schemaregistry, information about endpoints was outdated and not completed.
Confluent Schema Registry compatible API, and
apiv1schemaregistryare updated and completed with the parameters necessary for endpoints to work as expected.
- CDPD-16851: updateSchemaMetadata() allows changing schema type to an invalid value which breaks adding new versions to a schema
- When updating a SchemaMetadata, the
typeparameter is now validated.
- CDPD-18932: Bump Schema Registry version to 0.10
- Schema Registry is updated to version 0.10.0 in order to
reflect the integration with Atlas and also the breaking change introduced by
removing the logic for HA.
Schema Registry can still work in HA/stateless mode behind a load balancer, but it cannot achieve HA on its own.
- CDPD-18943: Remove HA tables from the database
- Removed table
host_configwhich was used for communication between hosts. Since the HA feature was removed in version 0.10.0, this table is not used anymore.
- OPSAPS-56286: Schema Registry Health Check broken with multiple instances
- Health State has been fixed for Schema Registry when there are multiple instances deployed.
- OPSAPS-56345: Issues with Schema Registry's Ranger repo handling
- The Ranger initialization script was rewritten to generate a unique repository name. It will also not fail in case the repository already exists.
- OPSAPS-57294: Schema Registry first run fails when multiple Ranger Admin services are configured
- The Schema Registry start-up script now can handle the case when multiple Ranger Admin services are configured.
- OPSAPS-57317: Ranger user cannot send requests to Schema Registry
- Added user rangerlookup to the default list of users when creating the Schema Registry policy in Ranger.
- OPSAPS-57409: Add security related header controls to all Schema Registry responses
- Added the following HTTP headers to Schema Registry HTTP
-Content-Security-Policy -XSS-Protection -X-Frame options -Content-Type-Options -Cache-control
- OPSAPS-58990: Streams Messaging Manager and Schema Registry Ranger plugin Solr audits fails with HTTP 403
- Fixed Ranger plugin authorization issue with Solr. Audit events can now be logged to Solr.