Known issues in Streams Messaging Manager
Learn about the known issues in Streams Messaging Manager, the impact or changes to the functionality, and the workaround.
- CDPD-17361: Consumer Group metrics does not appear in SMM
- SMM emits consumer metrics to Cloudera Manager and reads
the consumer metrics back from Cloudera Manager. For SMM to work correctly, you
must configure the Cloudera Manager Service Monitor Host
property. This property is also know as
- To resolve:
- Go to the Configuration tab for SMM.
- Search for
- In the Cloudera Manager Service Monitor Host field, specify the host name of the Service Monitor host.
- Save the update.
- OPSAPS-59553: SMM's bootstrap server config should be updated based on Kafka's listeners
SMM does not show any metrics for Kafka or Kafka Connect when multiple listeners are set in Kafka.
- Workaround: SMM cannot identify multiple listeners and still points to bootstrap
server using the default broker port (9093 for SASL_SSL). You would have to
override bootstrap server URL (hostname:port as set in the listeners for
broker). Add the bootstrap server details in SMM safety valve in the following
path:Cloudera Manager > SMM > Configuration > Streams Messaging Manager Rest Admin Server Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for streams-messaging-manager.yaml > Add the following value for bootstrap servers>Save Changes > Restart SMM.
streams.messaging.manager.kafka.bootstrap.servers=<comma-separated list of brokers>
- OPSAPS-59597: SMM UI logs are not supported by Cloudera Manager
Cloudera Manager does not display a Log Files menu for SMM UI role (and SMM UI logs cannot be displayed in the Cloudera Manager UI) because the logging type used by SMM UI is not supported by Cloudera Manager.
- Workaround: View the SMM UI logs on the host.
- OPSAPS-59828: SMM cannot connect to Schema Registry when TLS is enabled
When TLS is enabled, SMM by default cannot properly connect to Schema Registry.As a result, when viewing topics in the SMM Data Explorer with the deserializer key or value set to Avro, the following error messages are shown:
In addition, the following certificate error will also be present the SMM log:
- Error deserializing key/value for partition [***PARTITION***] at offset [***OFFSET***]. If needed, please seek past the record to continue consumption.
- Failed to fetch value schema versions for topic : '[***TOPIC**]'.
- javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed:...
- Workaround: Additional security properties must be set for SMM.
- In Cloudera Manager, select the SMM service.
- Go to Configuration.
- Find and configure the SMM_JMX_OPTS property.Add the following JVM SSL properties:
- Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=[***SMM TRUSTSTORE LOCATION***]