Customize dynamic resource allocation settings
Use the following steps to review and customize dynamic resource allocation settings.
Dynamic resource allocation requires an external shuffle service that runs on each worker node as an auxiliary service of NodeManager. This service is started automatically; no further steps are needed.
Dynamic resource allocation is enabled by default. To modify dynamic allocation settings, use the following procedure.
- From the Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) interface, click through to Cloudera Manager for the cluster running Spark.
- Go to the Spark service page ().
- Click on the Configuration tab.
- In the Search box, enter
- After making the changes you want, enter the reason for the change in the Reason for change... box, and then click Save Changes.
- Restart the Spark service ().