Configuring Management Service Database Limits
Configuring database service limits lets you control the amount of retained monitoring data.
Minimum Required Role: Limited Cluster Administrator (also provided by Full Administrator and Cluster Administrator)
Each Cloudera Management Service role maintains a database for retaining the data it monitors. These databases (as well as the log files maintained by these services) can grow quite large. Limits on these data sets are configured when you create the management services, but you can modify these parameters through the Configuration settings in the Cloudera Manager Admin Console. For example, the Event Server lets you set a total number of events to store.
There are also settings for the logs that these various services create. You can throttle how big the logs are allowed to get and how many previous logs to retain.
Do one of the following:
- Select .
- On the Cloudera Management Service table, click the Cloudera Management Service link. tab, in
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Select Scope and then one of the
- Host Monitor
- Service Monitor
- Select to view log file size properties.
- Edit the appropriate properties.To apply this configuration property to other role groups as needed, edit the value for the appropriate role group. See .
- Click Save Changes.