Creating a Role Group
Minimum Required Role: Configurator (also provided by Cluster Administrator, Limited Cluster Administrator , and Full Administrator)
- Go to a service status page.
- Click the Instances or Configuration tab.
- Click Role Groups.
- Click Create new group....
- Provide a name for the group.
- Select the role type for the group. You can select role types that allow multiple instances and that exist for the service you have selected.
- In the Copy From field, select the source of the basic
configuration information for the role group:
- An existing role group of the appropriate type.
- None.... The role group is set up with generic default values that are not the same as the values Cloudera Manager sets in the default role group, as Cloudera Manager specifically sets the appropriate configuration properties for the services and roles it installs. After you create the group you must edit the configuration to set missing properties (for example the TaskTracker Local Data Directory List property, which is not populated if you select None) and clear other validation warnings and errors.