Configuring replication specific Kafka Connect REST servers
The SRM Driver role starts a dedicated Kafka Connect REST server for each replication that you set up and configure. These REST servers make communication possible between the different instances of the SRM driver. Communication between the driver instances in turn ensures that replication does not fail when there are multiple driver instances present in a single cluster.
If required, you can configure each replication’s dedicated REST server that is set up by the driver.
REST server properties can be configured through the Streams Replication Manager's Replication Configs property by using two specific prefixes. These prefixes are the following:
- This prefix can be used to set any Kafka Connect REST server property for a
replication’s dedicated REST server. The first element of the prefix determines which
replication’s REST server is being configured. For example, the
primary->secondary.worker.prefix can be used to configure the
primary->secondaryreplication’s REST server. While configuration of all REST server properties is supported, the main use case for this prefix is to set the ports of the REST servers. The reason for this is that by default the REST servers will bind to port 0, that is, any available port. This behaviour may not be suitable for your deployment.
- This prefix can be used to configure SSL related properties. You can use this prefix
to override the SSL settings that the REST server inherits from the service
configuration. For example, if the REST server needs to use a different keystore
location than the one provided in the service configuration, you can use the following
listeners.https.ssl.keystore.location=***CUSTOM KEYSTORE LOCATION***
- In Cloudera Manager, select the Streams Replication Manager service.
- Go to Configuration.
- Find the Streams Replication Manager's Replication Configs property.
- Click the add button and add new lines for each additional property you want to configure.
- Add configuration properties. For example:
primary->secondary.worker.listeners=HTTPS://myhost:8084 listeners.https.ssl.keystore.location=***CUSTOM KEYSTORE LOCATION***
- Enter a Reason for change, and then click Save Changes to commit the changes.
- Restart Streams Replication Manager.