Adding and configuring a new Hue service on a new host
To migrate the Hue service from one host to another within the same cluster, you can add a new Hue service on a new host using the Add Service wizard and manually configure the Hue service as needed.
- Sign in to Cloudera Manager as an Administrator.
- Go to and stop the Hue service by clicking .
- Go to Add Service from the menu. and click
- On the Add Service wizard, select Hue.
On the Select Dependencies page, select the
On the Assign Roles page, click the field below
Hue Server and Load Balancer
roles. This launches a dialog box where you can select hosts where you want to
add the role.
Click OK after making your selection.
On the Setup Database page, specify the details of your
existing Hue database.
The wizard configures and starts Hue and its dependent services.
- Select your database vendor from the Type field and specify the Database Hostname, Database Name, Username, and Password of your existing database.
- Click Test Connection, and when the success message appears, click Continue.
- After the new Hue service is in the running state, configure the Hue Advanced Configuration Snippet as it is in the existing Hue service on the older host.
- Click Save Changes and restart the Hue service.
- Verify that the new Hue service functions as expected.
- Delete the Hue service from the old host by clicking .