Setting up the Debezium SQL Server Source connector
Learn about the CDP specific setup steps required before you can deploy the Debezium SQL Server Source connector.
In CDP, before deploying an instance of the Debezium SQL Server Source connector, you must download and deploy the SQL Server JDBC driver on all Kafka Connect hosts. Otherwise, you will not be able to deploy the connector. The following list of steps walks you through this process.
For more information regarding how the Debezium PostgreSQL connector works as well as its configuration and properties, see the Debezium connector for SQL Server in the Debezium documentation.
- Download the SQL Server JDBC driver.The JDBC driver can be downloaded from the Microsoft JDBC Driver for SQL Server downloads page. Cloudera recommends that you use version 7.2.2.jre8. Download the zipped tar file, do not download the executable version.
- Extract the files from the downloaded archive. You can use the tar command or any other archive manager to extract the archive. For example:
tar -xf sqljdbc_[***VERSION***]_enu.tar.gz
- Navigate to the directory where the driver was extracted.
- Copy and rename the driver to the location specified in the JDBC Driver Jars Path
For Debezium Kafka property. The default location is
/var/lib/kafka_connect_jdbc.The JDBC driver must be renamed to
mssql-connector-java.jar. For example:
cp ./mssql-jdbc-[***VERSION***].jre8.jar /var/lib/kafka_connect_jdbc/mssql-connector-java.jar
- Set correct file permissions. For example:
chmod 644 /var/lib/kafka_connect_jdbc/mssql-connector-java.jar