How Ozone manages write operations
The client requests blocks from the Ozone Manager (OM) to write a key. OM returns the Block ID and the corresponding DataNodes for the client to write data.
The following steps explain how Ozone manages write operations:
- The client requests blocks from OM to write a key. The request includes the key, the pipeline type, and the replication count.
- OM finds the blocks that match the request from SCM and returns them to the client.
- The client connects to the DataNodes associated with the returned block information and writes the data.
- After writing the data, the client updates the block information on OM by sending a commit request.
- OM records the associated key information.