Known issues in Streams Messaging Manager
Learn about the known issues in Streams Messaging Manager, the impact or changes to the functionality, and the workaround.
- CDPD-39826: The Restart button for the ConnectorTasks is permanently disabled
- On the ConnectorDetails page the "Restart" button for the tasks within the connector is permanently disabled.
- Restart the whole Connector.
- CDPD-36422: 1MB flow.snapshot freezes Safari
- While importing large connector configurations, flow.snapshots reduces the usability of the Streams Messaging Manager when using Safari browser.
- Use a different browser (Chrome/Firefox/Edge).
- OPSAPS-59597: SMM UI logs are not supported by Cloudera Manager
- Cloudera Manager does not display a Log Files menu for SMM UI role (and SMM UI logs cannot be displayed in the Cloudera Manager UI) because the logging type used by SMM UI is not supported by Cloudera Manager.
- View the SMM UI logs on the host.
- OPSAPS-59553: SMM's bootstrap server config should be updated based on Kafka's listeners
- SMM does not show any metrics for Kafka or Kafka Connect when multiple listeners are set in Kafka.
- SMM cannot identify multiple listeners and still points to bootstrap
server using the default broker port (9093 for SASL_SSL). You would have to
override bootstrap server URL (hostname:port as set in the listeners for
broker). Add the bootstrap server details in SMM safety valve in the following
path:Cloudera Manager > SMM > Configuration > Streams Messaging Manager Rest Admin Server Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for streams-messaging-manager.yaml > Add the following value for bootstrap servers>Save Changes > Restart SMM.
streams.messaging.manager.kafka.bootstrap.servers=<comma-separated list of brokers>