Known issues in Cruise Control
Learn about the known issues in Cruise Control, the impact or changes to the functionality, and the workaround.
- CDPD-47616: Unable to initiate rebalance, number of valid windows (NumValidWindows) is zero
- If a Cruise Control rebalance is initiated with the
rebalance_diskparameter and Cruise Control is configured to fetch metrics from Cloudera Manager (Metric Reporter is set to CM metrics reporter), Cruise Control stops collecting metrics from the partitions that are moved. This is because Cloudera Manager does not collect metrics from moved partitions due to an issue in Kafka (KAFKA-10320).
If the metrics are not available, the partition is considered invalid by Cruise Control. This results in Cruise Control blocking rebalance operations and proposal generation.
- Configure Cruise Control to use to use the Cruise Control
metrics reporter (default). This issue is not present if this metric reporter is used.
- In Cloudera Manager, select the Cruise Control service.
- Go to Configuration.
- Find the Metric Reporter property.
- Select the Cruise Control metrics reporter option.
- Restart the Cruise Control service.
- OPSAPS-65728: Streams Messaging components do not start - python: command not found
- If the
pythoncommand is not present in the
PATHvariable and is not aliased to
python, Streams Messaging components (Kafka, Schema Registry, Streams Messaging Manager, Streams Replication Manager, and Cruise Control) fail to start.
- Ensure that the
pythoncommand is present in the
PATHvariable and is aliased to