Known Issues in Schema Registry
Learn about the known issues in Schema Registry, the impact or changes to the functionality, and the workaround.
- CDPD-40380: Authorization checking issue when Kerberos is disabled
Due to an issue in Ranger, when Kerberos is disabled then it is not possible to check authorization.
- Open SR config in Cloudera Manager.
- Find the "ranger.plugin.schema-registry.service.name" field.
- Replace GENERATED_RANGER_SERVICE_NAME with the actual name of the service.
- Restart Schema Registry.
- OPSAPS-65728: Streams Messaging components do not start - python: command not found
- If the
pythoncommand is not present in the
PATHvariable and is not aliased to
python, Streams Messaging components (Kafka, Schema Registry, Streams Messaging Manager, Streams Replication Manager, and Cruise Control) fail to start.
- Ensure that the
pythoncommand is present in the
PATHvariable and is aliased to
- CDPD-49304: AvroConverter does not support composite default values
- AvroConverter cannot handle schemas containing a
STRUCTtype default value.
- OPSAPS-66356: Schema Registry's integration with Atlas does not work in secure clusters where Ranger authorization is enabled
- Due to an error in the default Ranger policies for Atlas, the
integration between Schema Registry and Atlas does not work. As a result, Schema Registry
related entities (metadata) are not created in Atlas. Viewing or monitoring schema entity
relationships is not possible. If this issue is present in your cluster, the following
exceptions will be present in the Schema Registry and Atlas server's log:
- Schema Registry server
ERROR com.cloudera.dim.atlas.bootstrap.AtlasModelBootstrap: Error while setting up the Schema Registry model in Atlas.
- Atlas Server
org.apache.atlas.exception.AtlasBaseException: schemaregistry is not authorized to perform create entity-def schema_metadata_info
- Schema Registry server log
- Access the Ranger Console (Ranger Admin web UI).
- Click the cm_atlas resource-based service.
- Add the
schemaregistryuser to the default policies.
All policies that require an update will at minimum already contain the
nifiusers. Adding the
schemaregistryuser to the
Allow users to manage favorite searchesdefault policy is not required.
- Restart the Schema Registry service.
Restarting the services triggers the creation of the missing entities in Atlas.
- CDPD-54379: KafkaJsonSerializer and KafkaJsonDeserializer do not allow null values
- KafkaJsonSerializer and KafkaJsonDeserializer do not allow the data to be null, resulting in a NullPointerException (NPE).
- CDPD-49217 and CDPD-50309: Schema Registry caches user group membership indefinitely
Schema Registry caches the Kerberos user and group information indefinitely and does not catch up on group membership changes.
- Restart Schema Registry after group membership changes.