Manage Ranger authorization in Solr
Using Cloudera Manager, you can turn on and off Ranger authorization for your Solr service.
- Ranger authorization requires that Kerberos authentication is enabled in Solr.
Ranger restrictions are consistently applied regardless of the way users attempt to complete actions. For example, restricting access to data in a collection consistently restricts that access, whether queries come from the command line, from a browser, or through the admin console.
- In Cloudera Manager select the Solr service.
- Select Configuration and find the RANGER Service property.
- To turn on Ranger authorization, select the Ranger service that you want the Solr service to depend on. To turn off Ranger authorization, unselect the Ranger service.
- Click Save Changes.
- Restart the Solr service.
Ranger authorization for Solr is enabled. The Solr service depends on the selected Ranger service for authorization.