Adding a Hue service with Cloudera Manager
You can use the Add a Service wizard in Cloudera Manager to add and configure a new Hue service instance.
- Sign in to Cloudera Manager as an Administrator.
Go to Add Service.
and click The Add Service to Cluster wizard is displayed.
Select Hue as the Service Type and click
The Select Dependencies page is displayed.
On the Select Dependencies page, select the optional dependencies
that are required for your cluster and click Continue.
The required dependency is selected by default.
On the Assign Roles page, you can perform one of the following
- To accept the default role assignments, click Continue in the lower right corner of the page. To view the default role assignments by host, click View By Host.
To customize role assignments, click the field below Hue Server and Load Balancer roles. This launches a dialog box where you can select hosts where you want to add the role. Click OK after making your selection.
The wizard evaluates host hardware configurations to determine the best hosts for each role. All worker roles are automatically assigned to the same set of hosts as the HDFS DataNode. You can reassign if necessary. Specify hostnames by IP address, rack name, or by range:
Range Definition Matching Hosts 10.1.1.[1-4] 10.1.1.1, 10.1.1.2, 10.1.1.3, 10.1.1.4 host[1-3].company.com host1.company.com, host2.company.com, host3.company.com host[07-10].company.com host07.company.com, host08.company.com, host09.company.com, host10.company.com
On the Setup Database page:
- Select a database vendor from the Type field and specify the Database Hostname, Database Name, Username, and Password.
- Click Test Connection, and when the success message appears, click Continue and Cloudera Manager starts the Hue service.
- Review your configurations on the Review Changes page and click Continue.
On the Command Details page, expand the running commands to view
the details of any step, including log files and command output. You can filter the view
by selecting Show All Steps, Show Only Failed
Steps, or Show Only Running Steps.
After the First Run command completes, click Continue to go to the Summary page.
After the service is started, click Continue and then click
If your cluster uses Kerberos, Cloudera Manager automatically adds a Hue Kerberos Ticket Renewer role to each host where you assigned the Hue Server role instance. See "Enabling Kerberos Authentication" for more information.