Restoring the Cloudera Manager configuration
Steps to import the Cloudera Manager configuration.
Minimum Required Role: Cluster Administrator (also provided by Full Administrator)
- Disable redaction. The JSON file will contain all the configurations, including sensitive information and can be used to restore the Cloudera Manager configuration.
- Replace the redacted information. The JSON will contain the word "REDACTED" where sensitive information was redacted. Replace these values with the correct values before restoring the Cloudera Manager configuration.
- (Optional) If you are restoring the Cloudera Manager configuration from a redacted backup JSON file, you must replace all entries with the word "REDACTED" with the appropriate value.
- Restore the Cloudera Manager Configuration
Using a previously saved JSON document that contains the Cloudera Manager configuration data, you can restore that configuration to a running cluster.
- Using the Cloudera Manager Administration Console, stop
all running services in your cluster:
- On the tab, click to the right of the cluster name and select Stop.
- Click Stop in the confirmation screen. The Command
Details window shows the progress of stopping
When All services successfully stopped appears, the task is complete and you can close the Command Details window.
- Log in to a host that has network access to the Cloudera Manager server host using ssh.
- Copy the exported JSON file to this host.
- Run the following command:
curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" --upload-file path_to_file/cm-deployment.json -u admin:admin http://cm_server_host:7180/api/v51/cm/deployment?deleteCurrentDeployment=trueWhere:
admin_unameis a username with either the Full Administrator or Cluster Administrator role.
admin_passis the password for the admin_uname username.
cm_server_hostis the hostname of the Cloudera Manager server.
path_to_fileis the path to the file containing the JSON configuration file.
- Using the Cloudera Manager Administration Console, stop all running services in your cluster: