Enabling ZooKeeper-less connection registry for HBase client
Operational Database allows you to connect to an HBase server without going through the ZooKeeper thereby removing the dependency and the authentication issues. An HBase client can directly connect to an HBase master and obtain the internally stored META table regions and active master address.
Previously, when HBase clients connected to HBase servers, they connected through ZooKeeper to obtain the metadata required for client operations. Now, you can enable the ZooKeeper-less HBase client connection using the Client Connection Registry configuration property in Cloudera Manager.
This property supports two values.
- ZooKeeper Quorum: The HBase client connects to the cluster using ZooKeeper. This is the default value.
- Master Registry: The HBase client directly connects to the HBase server.
- Open Cloudera Manager and go to the HBase service.
- Go to the Configuration tab.
- Select Scope > (Service-Wide).
- Locate the Client Connection Registry property or search for it by typing its name in the search box.
- Set the value to Master Registry.
- Enter a Reason for change, and then click Save Changes.
- Restart the role and service when Cloudera Manager prompts you to restart.
The HBase client directly connects to the HBase server without using the ZooKeeper.