Configuring the Hive Metastore to use HDFS HA
The Hive metastore can be configured to use HDFS high availability by using Cloudera Manager or by using the command-line for unmanaged clusters.
- In the Cloudera Manager Admin Console, go to the Hive service.
. Click Stop again to confirm the command.
- Back up the Hive metastore database.
- Select and confirm the command.
- Select Start to confirm the command. and click
- Restart the Hue and Impala services if you stopped them prior to updating the metastore.