Multiple NameNodes overview
This feature provides CDP Private Cloud Base the ability to use multiple standby namenodes.
- Cloudera Manager version must be 7.7.1 or higher
- CDP parcel version must be 7.1.8 or higher
- HDFS should have High Availability enabled
- The latest upgrade of HDFS must be finalized
- The cluster must be healthy according to Cloudera Manager and without any stale configurations
This feature is enabled only for the 7.1.8 clusters. This requires the High Availability feature enabled. After configuring an additional NameNode to the cluster, you cannot roll back either the Cloudera Manager upgrade or the CDP parcel upgrade. You must add an additional namenode after the upgrade to 718 is finalized.