Apache Ranger Access Control and Auditing
Apache Ranger provides a centralized security framework to manage fine-grained access control and auditing. The Ranger Key Management Service (Ranger KMS) provides a scalable cryptographic key management service for HDFS data-at-rest encryption.
- Apache Ranger APIs
- Apache Ranger APIs provide a framework to enable, monitor and manage comprehensive data security across the CDP platform.
- Apache Ranger Auditing
- Apache Ranger provides access auditing and reporting for CDP services.
- Apache Ranger Authorization
- Apache Ranger provides fine-grained access control for CDP services.
- Apache Ranger User Management
- You can manage Ranger users, groups, roles, and permissions with Usersync and Ranger Admin Web UI.
- Configuring Apache Ranger Authentication with UNIX, LDAP, or AD
- You can configure Apache Ranger authentication using UNIX, LDAP, or AD.
- Configuring Advanced Security Options for Apache Ranger
- How to configure advanced security options such as Kerberos and TLS/SSL for Apache Ranger.
- Configuring log file rotation for Apache Ranger Services
- How to manage log file properties and configure log file rotation for Apache Ranger services.
- Configuring and Using Hive-HDFS ACL Sync
- How to configure Ranger Resource Mapping Server (RMS), which enables automatic translation of access policies from Hive to HDFS.
- Configuring and Using Ranger KMS
- How to configure Ranger Key Management Server (KMS). Ranger KMS is a key management service that supports HDFS data at rest encryption.