Apache Iceberg in CDP has some limitations you need to understand.
The following features have limitations or are not supported in this release:
- When the underlying table is changed, you need to rebuild the materialized view manually, or use the Hive query scheduling to rebuild the materialized view.
- From Impala, you can read, but not write, position updates and deletes.
- Equality updates and deletes are not supported.
- An equality delete file in the table is the likely cause of a problem with updates or
deletes in the following situations:
- In Change Data Capture (CDC) applications
- In upserts from Apache Flink
- From a third-party engine
- An Iceberg table that points to another Iceberg table in the HiveCatalog is not supported.For example:
CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE ice_t STORED BY ICEBERG TBLPROPERTIES ('iceberg.table_identifier'='db.tb');